To connect from PHPRunner to the remote MySQL database stored at your Yahoo! account, follow the instructions below.
Step 1. Create a database administrator account
1. Log in to your account at webhosting.yahoo.com.
2. Click the Web Hosting Control Panel link.
3. Select Create & Update tab.
4. In the Other Site Building and Editing Tools section click the MySQL Database link.
5. Click the Database administrator link.
6. Enter a database administrator user name and password. Note: Choose a user name carefully, as you will not be able to change it later.
7. Click Submit.
Step 2. Install phpMyAdmin - database administration tool
1. Click the Install admin tool link.
2. Read General Public License Agreement and click I agree to These Terms.
3. Choose the site folder in which you'd like to install phpMyAdmin. Select an existing directory or create a new directory, then choose the corresponding Install phpMyAdmin link to begin the installation.
Congratulations! Your phpMyAdmin tool is now installed.
Step 3. Connect to a MySQL database
1. Start PHPRunner.
2. Select an existing project or create a new one. Click Next>>.
3. Select MySQL as a database type. Click Next>>.
4. Type mysql as a Host/Server Name, enter your database administrator user name and password.
5. Select the Connect using PHP check box and click Upload phprunner.php.
6. Configure built-in FTP client.
7. Click Upload! button. Wait while PHPRunner uploads phprunner.php file to your Yahoo! account, then click Close.
8. Click Connect.
9. To create a new database click New. After database is created, you will proceed to datasource tables page.
If you receive an error while creating a database, you should do that in phpMyAdmin. So proceed to the next step.
Step 4. Create a new MySQL database in phpMyAdmin
Congratulations! You have connected to the MySQL database. Now it is time to create/modify datasource tables.