PHPRunner comes with built-in web server. However you may want to install your own web server. This page explains how to install a local web server (XAMPP) and configure PHPRunner to use it.
This guide uses Windows 10 and XAMPP v5.6.15. XAMPP is a free package that includes an easy-to-set up web server (Apache), database server (MySQL), and a server-side scripting language (PHP). More about XAMPP.
2.Select the Installer version of XAMPP for Windows (we download the Installer version of the basic XAMPP package).
Note: If you are running the Skype VOIP application, or if you are running IIS Server, you will need to exit them before proceeding. Apache cannot start as a service if Skype or IIS is also running though when XAMPP is not in use, you can exit XAMPP to use Skype or IIS.
1. Run the installer xampp-win32-5.6.15-installer.exe.
2. On the next screen you can select to install Apache and MySQL as services, which will make them start automatically every time you start Windows and will allow other applications you may have, such as Skype, to run simultaneously. If you don't choose this option, you will need to use the XAMPP Control Panel application to start the servers individually each time you need them. This may be desirable if you don't intend to use your servers that often.
3. Choose a place to install XAMPP.
Note: for Windows Vista, Apache Friends recommends not installing XAMPP into your c:\Program Files\ folder.
4. XAMPP will then install. At one point, a command-line window will open; do not be alarmed this is normal! After the installation is complete, you will get a message indicating so. Click Finish.
5. Next, you are prompted to start the XAMPP control panel, which can also be opened by selecting Start » All Programs » XAMPP » XAMPP Control Panel, or by running c:\xampp\xampp-control.exe. This tool lets you start and stop the various servers installed as part of XAMPP. Since Apache and MySQL already started, select No.
Now the installation finished.
The XAMPP control panel is used to control and monitor the status of services that XAMPP has installed. When the control panel is running, the following icon will be visible in your system tray . Double-clicking on this icon will bring up the Control Panel.
Since Apache and MySQL installed as services you do not need to start/stop them in the Control panel. They start automatically every time you start Windows.
Go to http://localhost/ in a browser. If you are directed to a page with the XAMPP logo, your installation was successful.
You can add or change the files in C:\xampp\htdocs to change what you see at http://localhost/. Right after installation, this folder contains all the files for the XAMPP welcome web page. You can remove or backup these files so that they do not conflict in anyway. XAMPP configuration interface is available at http://localhost/xampp/index.php and is located at C:\xampp\htdocs\xampp.
Note: To send mails via PHP you need to modify php.ini file. In XAMPP it is stored at C:\xampp\php. Change the line ;sendmail_from = firstname.lastname@example.org to sendmail_from = your_email_address.
When connecting to MySQL, type "localhost" in the Host/Server name (or IP) field and "root" in the User field. Leave Password field blank.
On the Output directory page switch to I have my own web server option and enter URL manually (i.e. http://localhost/project1). Change output directory as well to one of web server subdirectories (i.e. C:\xampp\htdocs\project1).