To connect from PHPRunner to the remote MySQL database stored at
your Yahoo! account, follow the instructions below.
Create a database administrator account
1. Log in to your account at
2. Click the Web Hosting Control Panel link.
3. Select Create & Update tab.
4. In the Other Site Building and Editing Tools
section click the MySQL
5. Click the Database administrator link.
6. Enter a database
administrator user name and password. Note: Choose a user name carefully, as
you will not be able to change it later.
7. Click Submit.
Install phpMyAdmin - database administration tool
1. Click the Install admin tool link.
2. Read General Public
License Agreement and click I
agree to These Terms.
3. Choose the site folder in
which you'd like to install phpMyAdmin. Select an existing
directory or create a new directory, then choose the corresponding
Install phpMyAdmin link to
begin the installation.
phpMyAdmin tool is now installed.
Connect to a MySQL database
1. Start PHPRunner.
2. Select an existing
project or create a new one. Click Next>>.
3. Select MySQL as a
database type. Click Next>>.
4. Type mysql as a Host/Server Name, enter your
database administrator user name and password.
5. Select the Connect using PHP check box and click
6. Configure built-in FTP
To obtain your FTP settings, log in to your account at
webhosting.yahoo.com. Click the Web Hosting Control Panel link, then
select Manage tab. In the
Web Hosting Account Details
section you will see your account FTP settings.
Return to the PHPRunner and enter Host name, User ID and
Password. Then click Browse
to select a directory to upload files to. If you receive an error
while creating new directory, select the Passive mode check box.
In the Remote web site
URL textbox type http://www.yourdomain.com/subdirectory/,
replacing yourdomain.com with your domain name and subdirectory
with the name of the site folder you selected to upload files to.
If you selected a root site folder, the remote web site URL will be
http://www.yourdomain.com/. Remote Web site URL is used to open
downloaded pages in a browser for test purposes. Click OK.
7. Click Upload! button. Wait while PHPRunner
uploads phprunner.php file to your Yahoo! account, then click
8. Click Connect.
9. To create a new database
click New. After database
is created, you will proceed to datasource tables page.
If you receive an error
while creating a database, you should do that in phpMyAdmin. So
proceed to the next step.
Create a new MySQL database in phpMyAdmin
1. Go to your phpMyAdmin homepage. You can access the tool by
visiting your phpMyAdmin home page at
http://www.yourdomain.com/subdirectory/, replacing yourdomain.com
with your own domain name and subdirectory with the name of the
site folder in which your phpMyAdmin files are installed.
2. Enter a database administrator user name and password. Click
3. Enter a database name and select the Character Sets and
Collations under the Create new
database. Click Create.
4. Return to the PHPRunner and click Connect.
5. Select your database and click Next>>.
Congratulations! You have connected to the MySQL database. Now
it is time to create/modify datasource tables.